And, after all the paranormal activities and interstellar warfare and superhero histrionics and marooned astronauts and rampaging monsters and quasi-mythical heroes and super-powered teens (soooooo many super-powered teens…), it comes down to this: One man, broken but beautiful, who in the near future finds himself falling in love with his computer’s surprisingly human operating system.
HER — written and directed by Spike Jonze and starring Joaquin Phoenix as the flesh-and-blood suitor and the voice of Scarlett Johansson as his digital object of affection (and co-starring Amy Adams and Rooney Mara) — is sweeping up praise for its innovative take on the classic love story, but has its influence been overstated? In yet another lively discussion, the Cinefantastique Online team of Steve Biodrowski, Lawrence French, and Dan Persons stake out a wide spectrum of positions on the film, from new classic to seriously overhyped. Click on the player to hear the show.
Read more about Podcast 4:48 by clicking the links below:
- The Devil's Due, Oscar Noms & First Men in the Moon: Podcast 5:3.1 (0.561)
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER: Spotlight Podcast 5-14.1 (0.293)
- The Avengers: The Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – 3:18 (0.284)
- MAN OF STEEL: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 4:24 (0.258)
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER: Radio Film Review (0.222)
- Under the Skin - Radio Film Review (0.222)
- Here’s What’s Going On: 06/05/2013 Video News Update (0.205)