Next vacation, break away to beautiful Bodega Bay, CA, where the welcome is warm, the sun is shining, and the gulls want to peck your eyes out. Don’t order the fried chicken.
With no new genre release in the theaters, the Spotlight gang takes a fiftieth anniversary look at Alfred Hitchcock’s 1963 classic of nature in revolt (and psycho-sexual tension), THE BIRDS. Having all undergone the same, formative (some would say traumatic) childhood experience when the film debuted on broadcast TV back in the sixties, Cinefantastique Online’s Steve Biodrowski, Lawrence French, and Dan Persons return to one of Hitchcock’s most enigmatic works, placing the film into the context of his long and impressive career, discussing whether its impact still holds (short answer: Oh my God, yes), and trying to sort out its myriad puzzles. Board up the windows, block the fireplace, and click the player to hear the show.
- THE COLLECTION, SILENT NIGHT & Holiday Horror Roundup: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:48 (0.412)
- The Time Machine: A Celebration of 1960 Review (0.376)
- Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast #11: Source Code (0.333)
- Scream 4: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast #13 (0.333)
- Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast: Thor (0.333)
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance & The Secret World of Arrietty – CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:7 (RANDOM - 0.333)