The journey will be long, the challenges daunting, the popcorn very likely stale. But that doesn’t matter now — the grand epic that is the three-part, film adaptation of THE HOBBIT is upon us with the release of the first installment: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY. Having braved the onslaught of orcs, goblins, and restless eight-year-0lds, beabetterbooktalker.com’s Andrea Lipinski joins Cinefantastique Online’s Steve Biodrowski, Lawrence French, and Dan Persons to discuss whether director Peter Jackson has taken what started as a compact, nimble fantasy tale and managed to elaborate on it in a way that will make audiences eager to sign on for all three films. They also delve into the film’s introduction of High Frame Rate (HFR) projection technology, and explore what effect the process has on the viewing experience.
Also: What’s coming to theaters next week.
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast 2:30.1 (0.491)
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS Trilogy: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:49 (0.438)
- The Raven: The Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – 3:17 (0.388)
- Hugo (Capsule: The Muppets): CFQ Spotlight Podcast 2:46.1 (0.346)
- The Wicker Tree: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:4 (0.346)
- 2012 Roundup: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:52 (RANDOM - 0.316)