If box office numbers are to be believed, we’ve been suffering a severe case of Bond withdrawal. SKYFALL, the newest film featuring secret agent 007, had its best opening of any Bond film as the franchise celebrates its 50th anniversary. And critical consensus has so far fallen into line with that of ecstatic audiences, contending that the latest adventure — in which Bond, James Bond (Daniel Craig) battles a computer mastermind (Javier Bardem) determined to take down MI6’s M (Judi Dench) for painfully personal reasons – is among the franchise’s best.
But simple plaudits are not enough for the Spotlight gang, and so Cinefantastique Online’s Steve Biodrowski, Lawrence French, and Dan Persons delve deep into the details of this high-stakes attempt to revive and redefine the long-running series, debating where the film achieved its goals, where it exceeded expectations, and where it fell short. It’s one of our liveliest conversations, fitting for a film that demonstrates that it’s not too late for an old cold-warrior to undergo a rebirth.
Plus: What’s coming to theaters this Friday.
Read more about Podcast 3:45 by clicking the links below:
- CLOUD ATLAS and SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:43 (0.463)
- THE BOURNE LEGACY: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:32 (0.446)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast 2:27.1 (0.377)
- Cowboys and Aliens: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast 2:29.1 (0.359)
- Dream House: : Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast 2:38.1 (0.354)
- Devil: Cinefantastique Horror, Fantasy & Science Fiction Podcast 1:32 (RANDOM - 0.173)