On the April 5, 2013, Universal Pictures re-releases the blockbuster JURASSIC PARK – this time converted to 3-D and IMAX. Back in 1993, when it was originally released, this film was a quantum leap in the craft of computer-generated special effects, which not only replaced the old-school stop-motion process but also allowed for smoother integration of live-action and special effects. Some critics carp over the alleged dearth of character development, but JURASSIC PARK displays a true sense of wonder in its depiction of amazing prehistoric creatures brought back to life.
Directed by Steve Spielberg. Screenlay by Michael Crichton and David Koepp, based on Chricthon’s novel. Cast: Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, Bob Peck, Martin Ferrero, Joseph Mazzello, Ariana RIchards, Samuel L. Jackson, BD Wong, Wayne Knight, Gerald R. Molen, Miguel Sandoval. 127 minutes. Rated PG-13.
- Interview: Stan Winston on making Jurassic Park's full-size dinos live and breath (0.509)
- JURASSIC PARK: Michael Crichton on Adapting his Novel to the Screen (0.509)
- Jurassic Park (1993) (0.509)
- Cinema's Greatest Dinosaurs (0.509)
- Avatar re-release: August 27 (0.504)
- THE FLYING SWORDS OF DRAGON GATE in Imax 3D (0.504)
- CFQ Podcast 4-14.2: Jurassic Park, 6 Souls & The Brass Teapot (0.496)
- All IMAX for "Batman 3"? (0.418)
- CFQ Round Table Podcast 2:20.3: Taking Stock of X-Men on Screen (0.385)