People have condemned the RESIDENT EVIL series, claiming it’s nothing more than a loose assemblage of action sequences wherein Milla Jovovich’s agile zombie-fighter Alice runs and shoots guns. Not satisfied with that, writer/director Paul W.S. Anderson has confounded expectations with RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION: He has Alice shoot guns, then run. Cinefantastique Online’s Steve Biodrowski and Dan Persons have differing opinions about whether Anderson has upped his game in this latest installment of the 3D-enhanced franchise, and weigh whether all the pyrotechnics amount to a witty deconstruction of the standard video game worldview, or just become a tiring string of — admittedly beautifully mounted and choreographed — flash-n-bang.
Then, Steve gives his quick observations on the 3D re-release of FINDING NEMO, and Dan brings you up-to-date on what’s coming to theaters next week.
- Finding Nemo 3-D Re-release Trailer #5 (0.347)
- Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast #11: Source Code (0.333)
- Scream 4: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast #13 (0.333)
- Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast: Thor (0.333)
- Priest: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast 2.18.1 (0.333)
- The Hunger Games: The Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – 3:12 (RANDOM - 0.333)