Strap yourselves in for another exciting episode of the Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – the Podcast with A Sense of Wonder, exploring the best in horror, fantasy and science fiction cinema. This week, filling in for regular host Dan Persons, CFQ Managing Editor Steve Biodrowski joins forces with CFQ San Francisco Bureau Chief Lawrence French to explore the slo-mo 3-D carnage on display in DREDD, starring Karl Urban as the live-action incarnation of the comic book hero.
Is the new DREDD better than the Sylvester Stallone movie? Of course it is (it couldn’t possibly be any worse!) but is that enough to justify the price of a ticket purchase? Can Urban sustain a one-note performance for feature length and make it interesting? Can Dredd’s rookie sidekick (Olivia Thirlby) survive her assessment mission and become a Judge? Listen in and find out!. And after DREDD has cleaned all the scum off the streets, stay tuned while Lawrence French gives the rundown on the horror-thriller HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET.
- House at the End of the street opens September 21 (0.487)
- House at the End of the Street Trailer #2 (0.487)
- Predators: The Summer's Best Sci-Fi Action Horror Flick - A Sense of Wonder Appreciation (0.333)
- Goliath and the Dragon: A Celebration of 1960 Retrospective (0.333)
- Of Superheroes and Predators: John Debney Returns to Sci-Fi (0.333)
- Public Domain Panic II: Haxan; Dementia 13; Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning: The Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – 3:24 (RANDOM - 0.333)