Homicidal maniac in a well-crafted movie: great entertainment. Homicidal maniac in an actual movie theater… Cinefantastique Online’s Steve Biodrowski, Lawrence French, and Dan Persons grapple with the horrific news out of Aurora, discussing whether and how it should relate to the film that was being screened, Christopher Nolan’s THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, and also how these events should affect Spotlight’s geekly mandate of discussing the film in-depth.
Then, they do go on to analyze Nolan’s final chapter to his universally celebrated Batman trilogy, evaluating how the decision to keep the Batman (Christian Bale) off-stage for long stretches of the film effect our expectations, whether the choice of Bane (Tom Hardy) and Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) as villains gave the masked crimefighter a suitable roster of adversaries, and whether this last tale provides a fitting summation to the themes established and explored from the very first film.
Read more about THE DARK KNIGHT RISES by clicking the links below:
- Catwoman & Bane For 'Dark Knight Rises' (0.511)
- Anne Hathaway Confirms Catwoman? (0.433)
- 1st Official Pic of Selina Kyle (0.433)
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Capsules: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/The Dark Knight Rises Prologue): CFQ Spotlight Podcast 2:50.1 (0.387)
- 'Dark Kight Rises' in EW (0.365)
- Tom Hardy on Bane (RANDOM - 0.275)