History meets horror; slavery meets vampirism; and a great American president meets the undead in this episode of the Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – the Podcast with a Sense of Wonder, bringing you the best in horror, fantasy, and science fiction films. Special guest Andrea Lipinski (of Be a Better Book Talker) joins CFQ managing editor Steve Biodrowski to discuss ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, the big-screen adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith’s novel, directed by Timur Bekmambetov (NIGHTWATCH) and produced by Tim Burton (DARK SHADOWS).
The title is high-concept with a vengeance, but what about the film that comes with it? Listen in, and find out whether a single, deliberately absurd idea can stretch to feature length, or should the whole project have been condensed to a fake trailer or a five-minute Saturday Night Live sketch? And does historical credibility matter in the midst of slo-mo vampire battles with CGI blood flying off the screen in 3D?
Read more about Podcast 3:25 by clicking the links below:
- Shark Knight 3D & Apollo 18: Special Labor Day Podcast 2:34 (0.549)
- More on 'The Thing' Delay (0.437)
- Dark Shadows: The Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – 3:19 (0.353)
- FRANKENWEENIE: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:40 (0.353)
- The Green Hornet: Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast #1 (0.333)
- Tangled on Blu-ray: CFQ Round Table Podcast 2:11 (RANDOM - 0.104)