In the curious ecology that is Hollywood, a film that’s best known as a poster child for what not to do when converting 2D to 3D and for a declarative that become something of a pop-culture punchline has to, of course, have a sequel. In WRATH OF THE TITANS, there’s no Kraken-releasing, but that doesn’t mean demigod Perseus (Sam Worthington) doesn’t have his hands full, what with his brother Ares (Edgar Ramirez) teaming up with his uncle Hades (Ralph Fiennes) in order to sacrifice big daddy Zeus (Liam Neeson) in an attempt to resurrect Kronos, a big-ass lava guy who also happens to be father to Zeus and Hades. It’s a family thing, see?
Cinefantastique Online’s Steve Biodrowski and Dan Persons get together to discuss how director Jonathan Liebesman (BATTLE LOS ANGELES) fares in tackling this new installment of the mythological franchise. Then Lawrence French joins them to give his reactions to two other releases: the fractured fairy tale, MIRROR MIRROR, and the ominous horror exercise INTRUDERS. Then Dan weighs in with his thoughts on the low-key cloning drama, WOMB. Plus: What’s coming in theaters.
- TOTAL RECALL: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:31 (0.452)
- JACK THE GIANT SLAYER & THE LAST EXORCISM PART II: CFQ Spotlight Podcast 4:09 (0.452)
- Star Wars 1: The Phantom Menace 3D & Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:6 (0.365)
- Battleship & Lovely Molly: The Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast – 3:20 (0.365)
- Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast #11: Source Code (0.333)
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon: : Cinefantastique Spotlight Podcast 2:25.1 (RANDOM - 0.333)