According to The Hollywood Reporter Olivia Thrilby, who has played supporting roles in both JUNO and THE WACKNESS, has been cast as one of the lead characters in the new sci-fi epic THE DARKEST HOUR. Chris Gorak (RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR) is directing the film while Summit and New Regency provide the financial backing.
Gorak and Josh Zetumer are currently revising the script which follows a group of Americans travelling in Moscow as aliens attempt to invade the Earth. Thirlby will be playing a trust fun girl who bands up with others to try and defend the planet and stay alive in the process. THE DARKEST HOUR will mark the biggest career move for the young actress yet, as she steps up to leads lady status.
THE DARKEST HOUR is set to begin shooting this summer in Moscow.
- Emile Hirsch Joins The Darkest Hour (0.977)
- The Devil Inside (Capsules: The Darkest Hour; The Adventures of Tintin; A Goblin's Tale): CFQ Spotlight Podcast 3:1 (0.723)
- John Malkovich Joins...Transformers 3?! (0.365)
- Buck Rogers Remake to be Directed by Paul WS Anderson (0.365)
- Western Godzilla Reboot in the Works (0.365)
- Moon wins at Edinburgh festival (RANDOM - 0.333)