Declaring that “nothing before has been as big, as bold and as bloody” GRIMM UP NORTH is a brand new horror festival that takes place at The Odeon Printworks in Manchester, England from 30th October to 1st of November. This festival has me wishing more than ever that I could be two, three or even four places at once! Halloween weekend is a nightmare this year!
This festival will screen over 30 films and is advertising red carpet premieres with special guest appearances, and previews of the gaming industry’s hottest unreleased titles. There’ll also be a Zombie Ball where you can kill some time with the Halloween Horror Hunt and other bloodcurdling entertainment.
Films include The Descent 2; Mike Price’s micro budget shocker, Colin; the Australian stalk and slash, The Ferryman; and the U.K. premiere of Autumn. There are also U.S. premieres such as The Graves, and I Sell the Dead. Films are being added all the time, so keep checking their website.
On Sunday 1st November Zombie Aid 2 kicks off with what they expect to be a record breaking ‘walk of the dead’ through the streets of Manchester. I hope they’ve warned the residents, or they’ll be ripping up their floorboards and nailing them across the doors!
There’ll be a horror fair with plenty of unique merchandise, and also an exhibition of cool props and prosthetics from the movies.
The festival is new this year and the first of its kind in the area; I hope it’s here to stay! More information can be found at www.grimmfest.com
- London After Midnight: Summer Shocks (1.000)
- London After Midnight: The Best of Upcoming British Horror Fests (1.000)
- London After Midnight: More U.K. Festival News From Your Harbinger of Doom (1.000)
- London After Midnight: Abertoir Festival Update (1.000)
- London After Midnight: British Horror Festivals, So Good They're Scary! (1.000)
- Sense of Wonder: Hammer Horror Remakes on the Way? (RANDOM - 0.668)